jediguru's blog

Finally, wrapping up this project.... well mostly. I still have one more tank to finish actually. In Part 3 I had wrapped up all the building, casting, and assembling to complete 3 tanks. Without further ado, here is the finished product. As mentioned in previous posts all the weapons are magnetized so that they can be swapped out for assault cannons or heavy bolters...
In Part 2 we covered casting the weapons loadouts for the tanks. In this part everything comes together and I now have 3 scratch built razorbacks ready for paint. I have one more tank that I'm still working on. 90% of the components are already made. I just have to put it all together. I'm also working on putting together the original kit as well so once I'm finished I'll have 5 in total. So, without further ado here's what I have...
Continuing on with part 2 of this post to address the weapon loadouts needed for the tanks. So, the basic shapes of the tanks are pretty boxy, angular, and consisting of mostly straight line; relatively, easy to recreate. However, the weapons loadouts like the twin lascannons are a little bit harder to build out of foamcore and plastic. When I started this project a I picked up an actual Games Workshop Razorback kit to use as reference for my scratch built tanks as well as providing some of the smaller bits to cast.A few years back I picked up a product that I've used so many times to great...
Since 8th edition dropped recently I've played a fair few games of 40k with my modest space marines army. Space Marine Razorback tanks are a very good points value in 8th and it'd be nice to have a few to put in my lists. Going back a few years ago I started scratch building a few tanks but never got around to finishing any of them. The pics below were taken 4 years ago when I first started the project. I used foamcore as the skeleton for the basic shapes needed and thin plastic sheet will cover the entire models to give it a nice finish. To get started first the two sides for each tank were...
After doing the conversion to make this model have a dual autocannon weapons loadout, I took a little bit of time to get it painted up. It was a little bit of time too. This was one of the quickest and easiest models to paint. Only took me about an hour. For a speed painted model it looks pretty good on the table which is all I'm going for here.
With the drop of 8th edition the dual twin autocannon loadout for dreadnoughts has been very popular and for good reason. I've had two dreadnoughts for quite some time that came in the Assault on Black Reach set from a few editions ago. Decided to do a little cutting and scratch building to achieve the appearance of twin autocannons.First I used a hotwire cutter to remove the previous weapon loadout on both arms. Using some round sprue from Malifuax models and a bit of brass tube and we're done...