Border City Boyz are proud to host the 2nd Battle Brothers Team Tournament! 2v2 battle goodness coming Aug 11th! 10$ per person entry. Sign up before the Friday of the battle at Brimstone Games and you will be entered in a pool for a prize.
This year’s tournament will be very closely related to the 2v2 running at MTG in October. The idea is to have fun and bring new and old players together. The missions will be randomized and prizes will be available for more than just 1st place.
BATTLEPOINTS – 70%
Battle points break down to the actual points players score during the missions. Each mission will have a total of 50 battle points possible.
THEME/SPORTSMANSHIP – 30%
After every round each team will judge their opponent and their armies. Did they bring a thematic army or did they bring units that are currently strongest? Were they a good opponent, would you mind playing them again? Are their units painted or have they brought the 'Gray Tide'?.
BUILDING YOUR TEAMS ARMY:
Each team will consist of detachments that can total up to 110 power level (55 power level max per person). Each team member can take up to 3 detachments. All Forgeworld models are allowed. There are no restrictions on which detachments or how many each player can take. Each player’s detachments must share at least one faction keyword. However, your teammate can use a different army as long as all units in the detachments they use share at least one faction keyword. Make sure you come up with a good name for your team.
• Each team has only one warlord.
• Named characters are unique.
• Each team shares command points. Teams start out with 3 command points and add additional points per detachment.
• All models must by WYSIWYG.
• The beta rules will be in effect.
• The rule of three will be in effect for each player
• Teams add their units together when determining how many units can use rules such as reserves.
• Understrength units are not allowed because of the format of the tournament.
• Teams score objective together.
• Please bring at least 4 copies of your army list.
Models DO NOT have to be painted and they MUST be fully assembled. However if a player decides to bring unpainted models their team (both players) will receive 0 points each turn for Theme. 3 Paint minimum is required to score Theme points.
Best painted will be awarded by player vote.
Please direct any questions or points requiring clarification to your tournament organizer. Good Luck and Have Fun!