Last Revised: 2015-07-20
An awful lot of the content of the iToysoldiers website is derived from the intellectual property of the various game companies that produce the games we love and play. Miniature war gaming is, by its nature, an extremely social activity and folks love to share photos of their models, fiction that they’ve written around their armies, and discuss rule sets. As a result models, factions, armies, locations, iconography, and terms owned as Intellectual Property of various game companies are all present on the iToysoldiers site. We strive to use player created content whenever possible but sometimes we rely upon the images and/or text provided by the game manufacturers to supply context or frameworks for players to structure their content on the site. Allow me to assure you that iToysoldiers does not attempt to claim these trademarks or copyrights as our own. No infringement is intended. This website is unofficial and not endorsed by any of the game manufacturers that produce the fabulous games included on iToysoldiers. We wish they'd endorse us. We'd happily accept an endorsement or at least some kudos for creating a nifty resource for players but there it is. In any case, thanks to all the great game makers who cater to us basement generals.
All correspondence relevant to copyright information, issues, questions or concerns may be directed to email@example.com.
If you believe any content hosted on the iToysoldiers Platform infringes your copyrights, then you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DCMA”) by providing iToysoldiers’s Designated Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (email works):
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on the iToysoldiers Platform are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works on the iToysoldiers Platform;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit iToysoldiers to locate the material;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit iToysoldiers to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (for example, "I am under the good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted content that is identified herein is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."); and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed (for example, "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner, of the copyright(s) that is/are allegedly infringed by the aforementioned content.").
Please consult your legal counsel or see 17 U.S.C. § 512 to confirm these requirements.
iToysoldiers does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the iToysoldiers Platform, and iToysoldiers will remove all Content and User Submissions if properly notified that such Content or User Submission infringes on another's intellectual property rights. It is iToysoldiers's policy to respond promptly to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the DMCA. In addition, iToysoldiers will promptly terminate without notice the accounts of Users that are determined by iToysoldiers to be "repeat infringers." A repeat infringer is a User who has been notified of infringing activity more than twice and/or has had a User Submission removed from the Website more than twice.
iToysoldiers's Designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications and counter-notifications of claimed infringement can be reached as follows: Attention: Robert Tacey, 24 Azar Avenue, Tilbury, Ontario, N0P 2L0, Canada, or by electronic mail at admin@iToysoldiers.com. For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Designated Copyright Agent. Any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support or other communications should be directed to iToysoldiers customer service through support@iToysoldiers.uservoice.com. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this section, your DMCA notice may not be valid. Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.