Hobby Rut and a Apology
Hobby Rut and a Apology
Hey everyone so abit of a differant forum topic from me but just wanted to get this out here and well Apologize to the club as well. So this edition like several editions have hit players hard and we always I find adapt eventually to the changing pace. For me its been a little worst for ware though not a excuse just this has been the edition that has actrually be hitting me at a level im really surprised at. I know in the last few random club games and other games I haven't been my ussual self and lost my Zen in gaming so I just wanted to say sorry to everyone at the club cause its really not excuseable but hoping I can change my attude abit and figure out a few things to get back to my Zen and fun gaming with everyone.
So the second part is i've hit one of those big hobby ruts not only with just my building and painting but also just my playstyle. As people know i've been gaming here with warhammer for ( this will now be 22 years in august) with a playstyle that focused on combined arms warfare with 7th and my heresy army being in my eyes a perfected army. It had everything I thought a marine army should have, a solid core of tanks that could fluffy support a campaign, a solid choice of combat troops that used the trusty bolter in mass fire and even when it got down to the wire I could still feel like I could do somthing. Now it just seems at odds with how this edition is going, my tanks don't feel reliable and the board which I could manvouer around now just feels too small of a combat envolpment so now it just feels like my army can't get that breathing room it used to be able to get reliablly.
So right now im trying a few things like painting a few heresy armies so if people want to try it i'll have some fluffy armies but the big problem is what to do with my existing armies that are more fine tuned for a differant era of playing. After I finish up my big projects i'll work on a hybrid heresy and 8th edition army of ultramarines that should be fluffy but since that is going to be quite abit far away ( several hundred marines and armor to build and paint) I want to get some advice from people who have more exposure to the enviroment and some help from Marine and standard choas players.
So have a few questions for people just about armies and game mechanics.
1. What has been your primary heavy weapon ? is it lasscannons, Hbs, Autocannons, Plasma Cannons, Hellblasters?
2. For your infantry what has been your main body of troops and what have they been armed with ?
3. If you run tanks what has been your Main battle tank and what role do you use it for ? Is it purly fire support, maybe a outflanker or linebreaker?
4. In your armies what is your bread and butter for a unit, what do you feel gives your army its edge?
5. For those that make a firebase and gunline what are you using to keep the enemy from getting to close in your lines?
6. For those that are more getting into close combat what are some of your favorite units and which ones do you find reliable?
7. Lastly tell me one of your funniest games you've had this edition I want to hear some good stories to get abit more perked up about the edition.
So thats my bit and some questions for you guys, again Just sorry to everyone at the club for being a arse but again hoping to get back to some Zen gaming and back to joining and supporting the events with the club here.