In Part 2 we covered casting the weapons loadouts for the tanks. In this part everything comes together and I now have 3 scratch built razorbacks ready for paint. I have one more tank that I'm still working on. 90% of the components are already made. I just have to put it all together. I'm also working on putting together the original kit as well so once I'm finished I'll have 5 in total. So, without further ado here's what I have.
As you can see I "stretched" some of the bits from the kit to add a few more finer details to each tank. All the weapon loadouts are magnetized and can be swapped out from tank to tank.
The next tank below is the first tank that I worked on in Part 1 and is a little different from the other two. Specifically, the side sponsons were scratch built instead of cast.
Next steps are to get some paint on these! Part 4 will wrap this project up with the tanks all finished up.
I used nearly all recycled material. I'm always saving things for later use in hobbying. Some of the stuff used in these I've been hoarding for 5+ years. Some of it is literally the plastic from my old plastic kitchen trash bin. So for me the cost for everything was probably in the single digits. Even still if you went out and bought the material you needed (plastic for sale signs, foam board, milliput) to build 4 of these it'd be about $10-$15. I'm not including the cost of Instant Mold for mold making though since I use that for a lot of different things.
That being said I wouldn't recommend just anyone attempting this. It takes some skill and was way more work than is probably worth it. I decided to do it because I had started them and wanted to see them finished. Furthermore, I don't play 40K all that much like I do WMH and wasn't about to sink $150 into a bunch of tanks that would only see occassional play.