Club Sized Apocalypse!
Club Sized Apocalypse!
I have discussed this idea to a few of you already and now that I have the Chapter Approved book in hand, it is time to present the big Apocalypse game I have set for the near future.
So the idea is to run a big event where as many of us as possible throw down with vast armies in the course of a day on a truly apocalyptic scale. I am thinking of running this event sometime in late January/early Febuary on what will likely be a Saturday. There will be 2 sides that will be split into Order and Destruction (as best as possible) who will be fighting amongst the warping energies of the Great Rift. Each of these sides will, of course, select one of their warlords to be their warmaster and each will repesent their respective side and be the final voice in all tactical decisions. I will serve purely as an organizer and judge, and will both ensure things run tight and according to schedule, as well as throwing fun curve balls mid-game against both sides! As of now, I am leaning towards using matched play restrictions and limiting any player's army list to 4000 points. Don't worry if you don't have 4k worth of stuff either. I will organize the teams as close as possible. No one will be forced to have anything painted either and there's no entry fee or anything like that. It's all for fun and glory! Here are some of the extra rules and twists I will be including in the game:
- As mentoned, there will be a time schedule and I want the game to go a full 5 turns. In order to do that, turns will be limited to 45 minutes with intermitent breaks and lunch. Period.
- The mission will be mainly based off of either the Race to Destruction apocalypse mission or, the Exterminatus apocalypse mission with added rules.
- I will be selecting particular effects from the Battlezone: Empyric Storms table that I will be randomly rolling for and implementing each battle round.
- For every single player that participates, I will be creating a unique and secret objective for them to accomplish unbeknowst to their fellow allies! These objectives could be an insane act of heroism for a loyal space marine or, a treacherous act of deceit on the part of an enigmatic chaos lord. Whatever the case, these objectives may not be the most...tactically sound plans but, they will earn your team valuable victory points!
- I will also be throwing curve balls at both sides such as having an objective booby trapped to explode. These random twists will serve as a way to keep the game from going too far in one team's favour, as well as provide myself with some cruel entertainment since I won't have the luxury of joining in the bloodlust. Consider me the Dark Pantheon messing with you pitiful mortals ;)
That is more or less the basic rundown of what I am planning. The reason for this post is so that I can get an idea of who might be interested in participating and what army/armies they will be using and the points available to them. I want to try and get a good head start on team formation as well as the development of each player's secret objective.
With that said, please comment below if you are interested in a big game like this and what army/armies you would play and the total amount of points available to you. I will give this thread a couple weeks and see the interest generated and if I think we can get a good turnout, I will post the event formally and open up the registration!